US condemns attack around Aleppo in Syria

Author : Mircea Birca | Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Comments Off

The United States condemns the ongoing air assault by Syrian government forces on civilians, including the indiscriminate use of SCUD missiles and barrel bombs in and around Aleppo over the last week, the White House said on Monday night.

The attacks over the weekend killed more than 300 people, many of them children, Carney said in the statement.

“The Syrian government must respect its obligations under international humanitarian law to protect the civilian population,” Carney said. “The Syrian government must fulfill its November commitment to do more to facilitate the safe and unhindered delivery of humanitarian assistance so that millions of Syrian men, women and children have access to urgently needed services.”

 

Both comments and pings are currently closed.