TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Seyed Mohammad Ali Hosseini blasted Thursday the US occupying forces’ recent act of fingerprinting and imposing restrictions on the Iranian pilgrims on Iran-Iraq borders.Hosseini said in a statement the occupiers take such measures to harm relations between the two neighboring states.
He said Iranian pilgrims are dispatched to Iraqi holy sites within the framework of mutual agreements and in full coordination between Iranian and Iraqi officials.
“So there is no need for others’ intervention,” he added.
The top official said the Iraqi government has the responsibility within the framework of bilateral agreements to remove present problems and prevent occupiers from intervention.
He urged immediate settlement of the problems so that pilgrims would be able to travel between the two countries freely as before.
In an attack on a group of Shiite worshippers in the southern Iraqi city of Karbala last month, at least 49 people were killed, including seven Iranian pilgrims.
Another eight Iranians were wounded.