Hamas releases cameraman with Germany’s ARD news

GAZA (Reuters) – Hamas released on Thursday a cameraman working with Germany’s ARD news network in the Gaza Strip after a nearly weeklong detention, security sources said.

Hamas Islamists, who control the Gaza Strip, detained cameraman Sawah Abu Seif last week during a crackdown on their Fatah rivals in the coastal territory after a bomb attack killed five Hamas militants and a girl.

Hamas blamed Fatah for the blast. Fatah denied any involvement.

ARD’s regional bureau chief, Richard C. Schneider, said Abu Seif had no party affiliation.

Check Also

Turkey’s Ambivalence Is a Threat to European Security

European countries are working to improve weapons supplies to Ukraine and boost Europe’s security architecture. …