Nigerian military said closure on Boko Haram militants

imgLagos – The Nigerian army said Sunday that he was close to Islamist Boko Haram militants and warned of serious consequences if they fail to “surrender”.
“They have to follow their colleagues who have so far surrendered. Failure to make will result in serious consequences that our troops are now closing in on them, “said the spokesman of the army Colonel Sani Usman said in a statement.
“We would like to inform that we are aware of all their hiding places, camps and enclaves,” the statement said.
The military said more than 200 members of the militant group discounts on September 25, when troops regained control of the northern town of Banki, a point for launching attacks in Cameroon.
There was no independent verification of the declaration of the army.
Boko Haram has denied its members visited and 241 women and children were rescued when the troops cleared what the army said had been “terrorist camps” near Banki.
The statement released Sunday call to all Nigerians to persuade them to cease and renounce their membership in the group.
Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari has put its military commanders of a period of three months from early November to end Boko Haram violence, which left at least 17,000 dead since 2009, mainly in the three states affected in the north Borno, Adamawa and Yob.
The army has claimed a series of successes against Boko Haram recently, including the rescue of 241 women and children.
But the group struck again this weekend with 41 people killed Saturday and 48 were wounded in triple explosions in a Chadian town on the shores of Lake Chad blamed on Boko Haram, the government in N’Djamena said Sunday.
Lake Chad is bordered by Nigeria, Niger, Cameroon and Chad. Boko Haram continued to attack in these neighboring countries.

Check Also

Russia has again tried to change Europe’s borders by force. What’s next?

Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed treaties to begin the formal (and illegal) annexation of …