Saudi forces intercept another Houthi drone headed towards a residential area

An attack by the Houthis on Saudi’s Abha airport earlier this week killed one person and wounded 21 others.

Saudi Arabia’s air defences intercepted another drone launched by the Houthis towards a residential area in Khamis Mushait on Tuesday night, the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported.

The spokesperson of the Saudi-led coalition Colonel Turki Al Maliki said that the Houthis were “trying to target civilian facilities and civilian objects in desperate and repeated attempts.”

The latest strike comes after an attack by the Houthis on the Abha airport earlier this week killed one person and wounded 21 others.

“A terrorist attack by the Iran-backed Houthi militia targeted Abha airport, killing a Syrian resident and wounding 21 civilians,” the coalition said in a statement.

Earlier this month, another Houthi missile strike on Abha airport wounded 26 people.

Saudi Arabia has been targeted by hundreds of missile attacks since entering the Yemen civil war in 2015 to support ousted President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi against the Houthis.

“We affirm our legitimate right to take the appropriate deterrence measures against such hostile acts and in conformity with international humanitarian law and its customary rules,” said Al Maliki.

Check Also

Middle Eastern Autocrats Sigh Relief: US Signals Democracy Summit Won’t Change Policy – Analysis

The United States has signalled in advance of next week’s Summit for Democracy that it …