Bandits Kidnap 21 in Southeastern Iran

A02470987.jpgArmed bandits kidnapped 21 passengers, including an education ministry official, on Chabahar-Iranshahr road in Iran’s southeastern province of Sistan and Balouchestan on Sunday, an informed source said. Bandits also attacked a number of passing cars, set them on fire, wounded some of the passengers and took some people hostage.

FNA reports said that the bandits have abducted the director of the education ministry’s regional office in Chabahar, Ali Zare’ee, who was on a mission to Zahedan.

A local ministry official said that Zare’ee had been accompanied by a Balouch expert at the time of abduction, who was freed by the hostage-takers.

“Yet, they abducted Zare’ee, because he is a Fars (and not a Balouch),” Mahmoud Keshani said.

According to Keshani, people believe that the abduction has been exercised on the basis of a premeditated plan, considering that Zare’ee has been the only official among hostages.

Check Also

EU rolls out new Iran sanctions but does not designate IRGC as terrorists

European foreign ministers have added 37 names to the list of Iranian individuals and entities …