Iran Joins Iodine Producing Countries

A02796365.jpgTEHRAN (FNA) – Iran joined 9 other iodine-producing countries of the world after starting extraction from its mines in the northern province of Golestan, a local official said here on Saturday.

90% of the world’s needed iodine is currently produced by Japan and Chili while Azerbaijan, the United States, China, Indonesia, Russia, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan are suppliers of the remaining 10%.

Iodine, a solid metal with a lustrous dark blue color, has a wide variety of use in medicine and pharmaceutical industries, chemical industries, antiseptic production, etc.

Check Also

Russia proposes interim nuke deal to Iran, with US aware of talks on matter – report

Moscow said to offer some sanctions relief in return for nuclear program limits; Biden administration …