Turkey’s Erdogan condemns Istanbul suicide bomb attack

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Sunday (October 31st) condemned a suicide bomb attack earlier in the day in Istanbul’s Taksim Square, warning that no tolerance will be shown to those who challenge Turkey’s stability. “These kinds of attacks will not prevent Turkey from its aim of unity, fraternity and development … we are one and we are together,” Erdogan said in the southeast province of Mardin.

Meanwhile, authorities have revised the number of injured to 32 — 15 police officers and 17 civilians. Istanbul governor Avni Mutlu said that other explosives were found on the body of the suicide bomber, who died in the attack.

Check Also

Jailing of terminally ill Gulen disciple stirs hearts across Turkey’s ideological divide

Ayse Ozdogan, an imprisoned end-stage cancer patient, has been denied release, despite a recommendation by …