The Tunisian presidency announced Friday night to lift the state of emergency, which was reintroduced in early July a few days after the bloody attack of Sousse (38 dead), claimed by the Islamic State Group (EI).
“The state of emergency announced on July 4 and July 31 extended, ends today October 2nd,” said President of the Republic in a brief statement. “It had been extended for two months and this period ends” tonight at midnight, told AFP the spokesman of the presidency, Moez Sinaoui without further comment.
Check Also
Execution of Saif al-Islam Gaddafi upends Libya’s fragile power balance
The death of the ICC-wanted heir removes a major obstacle to the country’s stalled elections, …
Eurasia Press & News