ISIS Claims Responsibility for Attack on Syrian Army Bus in Hassakeh

The Islamic State (ISIS)—a violent extremist organization responsible for widespread atrocities—announced on Tuesday that it carried out the attack targeting a bus transporting Syrian army soldiers in Hassakeh province.

The ISIS-linked Amaq News Agency reported that the ambush resulted in deaths and injuries among Syrian government forces. According to the agency, ISIS fighters set up the attack along the road leading to the town of Al-Alia, west of Hassakeh.

Amaq stated that the militants opened fire on the bus with heavy machine guns, killing and wounding approximately six soldiers and damaging the vehicle.

On Monday, Syria’s Ministry of Defense confirmed that two soldiers had been killed and others wounded in an armed attack on a military “sleeping bus” in the Hassakeh countryside. The ministry’s Media and Communication Directorate said that unidentified gunmen opened fire near the Al-Alia silos, without providing additional details, according to SANA.

The incident is part of a growing series of attacks and assassinations recently targeting personnel from Syria’s Ministries of Defense and Interior—operations that ISIS has claimed responsibility for in most cases. Last April, the group said it carried out attacks in the countryside of Aleppo and Deir ez-Zor, resulting in the deaths of Syrian army members, officers, and oil facility guards.

Check Also

Palantir’s Technocracy Manifesto may well lead humanity to its self-destruction

Palantir’s “Technological Republic” would be technocracy, the depoliticized political structure, driven by AI, organized as …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.