The Russian Coordination Center in Hemeimeem said that Jabhat al-Nusra terrorists have launched 31 new attacks in the de-escalation zone in Idleb.
Read More »Turkey's strategic victory in Nagorno-Karabakh
Russian President Vladimir Putin declared on Tuesday that Azerbaijan and Armenia had signed a peace agreement, ending six weeks of fierce fighting between the two countries over Nagorno-Karabakh. The mountainous region is internationally-recognised as part of Azerbaijan but has been occupied and run by ethnic Armenians since 1994.
Read More »Azerbaijani Troops Take Control Of Agdam As Armenians Flee
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev says his troops have taken control of the first of three districts bordering Nagorno-Karabakh as part of a Russian-brokered peace agreement that ended a six-week war with Armenian forces over the breakaway region.
Read More »A Fragile Peace in Nagorno-Karabakh Leaves Russia and Turkey in Charge—For Now
Armenia and Azerbaijan signed an agreement last week to end six weeks of bloody fighting over the disputed enclave of Nagorno-Karabakh. The Russia-brokered deal requires Armenia to give up much of the territory it controlled prior to the recent hostilities, and calls for Moscow to maintain a peacekeeping force of …
Read More »Why Erdogan seeks fresh military mandate for Azerbaijan
Turkey’s government has obtained a broad parliamentary mandate for military deployment in Azerbaijan, signaling intentions beyond the joint cease-fire-monitoring center agreed with Russia.
Read More »Nagorno Karabakh war showed the possible vulnerability of Russian army
The volleys of the last Karabakh war, which ended so mournfully for Armenia and so successfully for Azerbaijan, died down. What military-technical lessons should Russia learn from what has been demonstrated on the battlefield? Does our country have the opportunity to oppose something to the weapons that brought victory to …
Read More »What the Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict Revealed About Future Warfighting
Last week’s Russia-brokered agreement between Armenia and Azerbaijan ended 44 days of bloody clashes over the disputed enclave of Nagorno-Karabakh—the first interstate war fought by conventional forces in recent years.
Read More »Turkey decided to send troops to Karabakh, although Russia says otherwise
A few days ago, in a televised address after meetings between Russia and Turkey, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov gave a statement to the general public on the upcoming problems to be resolved in Nagorno-Karabakh. According to Lavrov, there will be no Turkish troops on the territory of Nagorno-Karabakh, only …
Read More »Russian peacekeepers came under heavy fire from an ambush in Nagorno-Karabakh
Days after an agreement was signed between Armenia and Azerbaijan on a ceasefire in Nagorno-Karabakh, the withdrawal of troops and the establishment of a peacekeeping patrol line to assist in the ceasefire process, Russian peacekeepers were ambushed and fired upon by enemy troops.
Read More »South Caucasus deal echoes plan from 30 years ago
Although some in Turkey see Russia as the real winner of the Russian-brokered truce between Armenia and Azerbaijan, the deal has elevated Turkey to a regional power in the south Caucasus. The losers of the six-week war between Armenia and Azerbaijan are beyond any doubt Armenia and Karabakh Armenians. Turkey …
Read More »