Iran gives proportionate response to minimum threats: FM spokesman

A04828515.jpgTEHRAN,  (ISNA)-Iran’s foreign ministry spokesman Hassan Qashqavi declared on Tuesday Iran’s top nuclear negotiator’s letter to the EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana was not Iran’s answer to the 5+1 countries’ package of incentives.

 

The six countries have offered the package to Iran providing the country with economic, security and political inducements to persuade Iran to end peaceful nuclear activities.

 

The US and some European powers have been charging Iran with producing nuclear arms; Tehran denying the allegation says the program only intends for medical and agricultural purposes.

 

The letter written last week says Iran is ready to answer the 5+1 countries’ questions and is waiting to receive exclamations removing ambiguities.

 

Continuing talks in a constructive room reveals the two sides are interested in having more dialogue, he said in his weekly press conference.

 

He also moved to Persian Gulf issue and Kuwaitis worries over blocking the Striate of Hormuz and said Iran gives proportionate response to minimum threats.

 

Iran has warned it could close the strategic Strait of Hormuz, which separates Iran and Oman, if it became the target of a military attack over its nuclear program.

 

The Iranian official said the issue of closing the Striate of Hormuz does not anything to do with regional threats but with cross regional ones.

 

He also said Turkey is not to mediate on Iran’s nuclear issue during Iran’s president tour to the country.

 

Ahmadinejad is to leave for Turkey on Thursday to discuss bilateral ties and energy cooperation.

Check Also

US pressuring Israel to stop commenting on Iran – report

According to the report, the Biden administration feels ‘uneasy’ regarding the recent Israeli operation in …