Hague prosecutors urge rejection of Karadzic’s request for delay

Prosecutors at the UN war crimes tribunal on Friday (August 13th) requested a rejection of Radovan Karadzic’s request to delay his trial by three weeks. Last week Karadzic said he needs more time to review recordings found in the apartment of fugitive Ratko Mladic’s wife. They were delivered to the former Bosnian Serb leader on August 4th and his trial is due to resume on Tuesday. In a statement Friday, prosecutors said there is not enough evidence that any delay would serve the interest of justice.

Check Also

As Trump vows crackdown on ‘antifa,’ growth of right-wing extremism frustrates Europeans

The day that President Trump declared he would label the far-left “antifa” movement a domestic …