Pakistan rejects Indian accusations of killing soldiers

The Foreign Ministry of Pakistan on Tuesday rejected “baseless and unfounded allegations”by the Indian military that Pakistani forces attacked its post and killed five Indian soldiers in the disputed Kashmir region.

Indian defense officials said earlier that Pakistani troops attacked an Indian post along the Line of Control (LoC) in the Poonch sector in the disputed Kashmir region late Monday night, killing five Indian soldiers.

“Our military authorities have confirmed that there had been no exchange of fire that could have resulted in such an incident,”the Foreign Ministry said.

The Foreign Ministry spokesman said Pakistan remains committed to the ceasefire agreement of 2003 which is an important confidence building measure and should be respected in letter and spirit.

“Pakistan also urges the need for abiding by and strengthening existing military mechanisms to ensure that such ill-founded reports that have the potential of vitiating the atmosphere, are avoided,” the spokesman said in a statement.

“Pakistan is committed to a constructive, sustained and result- oriented process of engagement with India and looks forward to an early resumption of the dialogue process.”

The spokesman said it is important that both sides make serious efforts in maintaining the positive atmosphere and avoid negative propaganda.

Check Also

How to Retreat From Ukraine

One of the hardest challenges in geopolitics is figuring out how to conduct a successful …