Iran Denies Internet Shut down on Election Day

A02976672.jpgTEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian Interior Minister Mustafa Pour-Mohammad here Wednesday dismissed earlier reports that the government was likely to block private access to the Internet on election day, March 14.

ISNA had earlier quoted a senior election official that private access to the Internet would be blocked all across the country on March 14.

According to the news agency, Mohammad Javad Mahmoudi had said that a shutdown would help ensure that the government – which has upgraded its Internet lines – has unimpeded Internet service for the election.

Check Also

Hezbollah drones limiting 80% of Israeli army operations in Lebanon

Israeli media says Hezbollah’s explosive drones are restricting up to 80% of Israeli army operations …