The federal government of Bosnia-Herzegovina has declared July 11 a national day of mourning in commemoration of the Srebrenica Massacre.
As part of the commemorative activities a mass funeral will be held on Saturday for 500 bodies that have been discovered at a mass grave recently, the government said in a statement here on Friday.
Over 8,000 Bosnian Muslims had been massacred by units of the Bosnian Serb Army led by General Ratko Mladic in Srebrenica on July 11, 1995, besides the ethnic cleansing of 25,000-30,000 refugees in the city.
The government of the Bosnian Serb Republic which controls the city has put obstacles before the mass funeral of the victims of the genocide, the statement said, noting that the victims had been killed on purely ethnic grounds on the eve of the fall of the city at the hands of the Serb forces.
Despite all obstacles the families of the victims and human rights organizations are determined to bury the newly-discovered bodies in Srebrenica.
This will take place under tight security measures with the international peacekeepers in Bosnia-Herzegovina taking part, it added.