France is pursuing its strategy in the Sahel, despite the attacks in Mali and Burkina

France will continue its counter-terrorism operation in the Sahel in its current format, despite the two attacks which have just hit Bamako and Ouagadougou. This was stated by the Minister of French Defence, Jean-Yves Le Drian said Wednesday.
Friday, January 15, jihadists have struck for the first time the heart of the Burkinabe capital, Ouagadougou, killing 30 people. In November, a commando had already killed 20 people in a hotel in Bamako. However, Jean-Yves Le Drian has no plans to big change.
“These two attacks show that the action we have to take the Sahel is not completed,” said Jean-Yves Le Drian at a joint press conference with US Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter. “I always said it would be a long process,” added the Minister. He concluded: “In France there are no plans to change the method or type of action. ”
The situation in Mali
Jean-Yves Le Drian noted that the French intervention in Mali was instrumental in stabilizing the country. “Mali has regained a democratic process. Quite generally, terrorist groups have been the same fall if there what might be called metastasis, “he said.
Despite the operation barkhane (3500 men) engaged in August 2014, but whole areas still escape, Mali, Mali and control of foreign forces and jihadist attacks have spread to the center and the south.
“I think the barkhane device gives us satisfaction (..) including the articulation that we have with the countries of the Sahel G5,” said the Minister.

Check Also

Israel’s ‘Peace Partner’ Is Slaughtering Israelis

These two bodies [Palestinian Authority (PA) and its ruling faction, Fatah] are headed by one …